No rest for the Student Council

The student council is hard at work, brainstorming and putting into action fun events for the student body. Their mission is to cheer the spirits of the student body all year long. On Nov. 1, student council members hosted their first annual ‘Halloween Bash’, a dance with a twist. What drew students to this dance was that it offered fun games and activities for students to participate in. Student Council member Haley Benjamin said, “It was cool how every half hour we had activities happening- it kept it interesting.” The participation levels were high, and they hope to have an even better turnout next year.

Another new event offered this year is Tuesday morning hot chocolate sales. Every Tuesday morning throughout the cold season, representatives from Student Council will be selling hot chocolate for one dollar a cup in the junior commons. Senior Maddy Rysavy said, “I love getting hot chocolate every Tuesday morning because it keeps me warm all day.” Be sure to buy a cup next Tuesday, and stay cozy.

Though the Student Council does a lot for the student body, they also do a lot of behind the scenes work for the community. This fall, they have already ‘Adopted a Highway’ and are underway on decorating their tree for the ‘Festival of Trees’. Soon, the Student Council will begin with shopping for their annual family for Toys for Tots. Executive President Ben Konold said, “We get funding from the community for events we put on. This is a way for us to give back.” Currently, the Student Council is preparing to host a blood drive to help both the community and the student body.

To stay in the Student Council loop, follow their new twitter account! Sopomore Class President Qahir Lakha said, “Everyone should follow the OHS Student Council twitter- you’ll learn about upcoming events.” You can follow them using @ohsstudco.