Cash drive was a success

Nick Sande, Writer

Terrrell Conner

Junior Will Titchenal lip syncs a song to the crowd above.

We wouldn’t have been able to do in without everyone’s enthusiasm and willingness to give.”

— Sophomore Cash Drive chair Elena Dant

This year’s Cash Drive was a huge success.  The goal for the school was to raise $6,000 for the chosen charity, Hope for Haiti.  The final total for the week conquered the school goal with $7069.08.  Sophomore Cash Drive chair Elena Dant said, “The whole school came together for an entire week to make a difference in the lives of many people.  We wouldn’t have been able to do in without everyone’s enthusiasm and willingness to give.”  This total includes the Mangeant, the Sadie Hawkins dance, lunch activities, class competitions, t-shirt sales and sticker sales.  

Every year there is a competition between the classes to see who can raise more money, and this year the sophomores won with $639.83.  In second came the juniors with $493.29, then the seniors with $442.39 and in last the freshman with $270.53.  Senior Cash Drive chair Anna Weisenburger said, “Awesome job to class competitions!”  Regardless of the rankings, all of the classes had an important role towards exceeding the goal.  The best part about the activities that took place during the week is that it helps out a cause that will improve lives of others in Haiti.  OHS thanks students for their giving support during this year’s Cash Drive.

• Cash drive was a success

Swanson announces resignation

• Cash drive was a success

Ho Ho Bingo!

• Cash drive was a success

Fulfilling others basic needs

• Cash drive was a success

Holiday Themed

Season of Giving: Caring for the clothesline

• Cash drive was a success

Season of Giving: The gift of food