Huskies signing

National Signing day, annually marked on the calendar for the first Wednesday in February. On this day, thousands of high school seniors across America sign their letters of intent to play at the collegiate level in the coming fall. Athletic Director Ryan Swanson said,“We try not to forget that they are signing a letter athletically, but academically too which is important.

Harrison Kuhn
Chandler Buckhalter will be signing a letter of intent to play football for Minnesota State University, Mankato

Two-year starting defensive lineman Chandler Buckhalter to sign for Minnesota State University, Mankato to continue his football career. Buckhalter commented on what the day means for him, “This day is important to me because I am signing the next five years of my life away to football and I am excited to see how I grow as an athlete and as a person.” Buckhalter transferred to Owatonna after his freshman year at Triton and spent three years learning techniques and improving his game under OHS defensive line coach Delles Solie. Coach Solie reflected on Buckhalter and what this future holds, “Our goals as teachers and coaches is to always prepare kids to get the best that they can. For Chandler, getting a scholarship to play football at Mankato is great. Hopefully his shoulder comes around, but as far as his ability to play football- there is no question that he can do that.”

Derek Roemhildt
Senior Brandon Moen will be signing with Michigan State University to wrestle

This year at OHS, this day means a lot for athletes, parents and fans of OHS sports.  The Class of 2017 will sign Owatonna has two very talented athletes signing to their respective colleges. State champion and six- year varsity wrestler Brandon Moen is scheduled to commit to Eastern Michigan University. Co- head wrestling coach Adam Woitalla spoke on Moen as a wrestler, “He’s always going to work hard and give 100%. You can depend on him to go out and wrestle for the team and score points, which is always what you want to see as a coach.”

National Signing day here at the OHS will be Wednesday, Feb. 3 at 2:45 p.m. in the Commons. Athletes signing Division III commitments be announced prior to the Division I and II signings.

About the Contributors
Nathan Deason, Staff Writer

You know I like my chicken fried. ‘Merica.

Josh Burns, Staff Writer

I am a senior here at OHS, and I am a Writer for the Magnet.  I enjoy sports, and hanging out with friends and family.  I am a Vikings fan and despise the packers.  I plan on attending the University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire to study business finance.  I love the Vikings, I love the Huskies, and I love the USA. God Bless. I love terrel.

Harrison Kuhn, Photographer

Hi there! I’m Harrison Kuhn, currently a senior at OHS and I photograph for the Magnet. I’ve been on staff for the better part of two years, and have enjoyed creating and documenting memories from my time here. I also participate in music: Band, choir, orchestra and Carolers, along with Robotics and Theatre. You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter; @Harrisonkuhn Thanks for visiting!

Derek Roemhildt, Photo Staff

Design Manager!

Check out my videos —–>

Viance Reyna, Photo Staff

I am a sophomore and I joined Magnet because I enjoy capturing the moment and I would like to get a feel for photography and see if I can get better. I also love to dance and sing and I’m shy up until you get to know me. I am also very open to trying new things and would like to learn something everyday.

• Huskies signing

Scouting for Achievement

• Huskies signing

Huskies “Tackle Cancer”

• Huskies signing

Part IV: OHS welcomes new teachers

• Huskies signing

Part III: OHS welcomes new teachers

• Huskies signing

OHS welcomes new staff