Beyond the game

Karson Madole, Writer

From current athletes to alumni and coaches to community members, Todd Walkingstick, the host of “Beyond The Game,” interviews his guests to give his viewers an insight on everything in high school sports. With a variety of different sports in Owatonna and surrounding schools, Walkingstick provides all sports fans with in depth coverage for their favorite high school athletic program that truly goes ‘beyond the game’. With a new video every week, viewers are guaranteed to receive viewpoints from all different levels of local athletes from all different sports. Not only does Walkingstick interview his guests outside of the game, but he also catches big moments on video to publish to his twitter where he updates his close to 1000 followers on current big happenings in the local sports world. In order to contact players, Walkingstick looks to coaches to provide players cell phone numbers so he can ask the players to be a guest on his show via text message.

I am always working hard to network and make connections in the community as my goal is to get an athlete from each and every sport on my show.

— Todd Walkingstick

Walkingstick says, “I am always working hard to network and make connections in the community as my goal is to get an athlete from each and every sport on my show. If that doesn’t happen, I wait until next season.” Walkingstick has interviewed 240 different guests from Owatonna and surrounding areas. Walkingstick also says, “I work hard to reach out to every senior to be a guest on my show.”

“Beyond The Game” videos can be reached at owatonnalive.com. Walkingstick also runs a twitter page and a facebook page to reach an even broader audience and keep as many people up to date on their local sports programs as possible.