OHS FFA prepares for National FFA Week

A group photo of the OHS FFA

Alex Raichle, Writer

Future Farmers of America had a breakfast gathering on Feb. 21 from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. in the agriculture building. The foundation showed their support and love to all the FFA parents, family members and teachers by feeding them a delicious morning breakfast. “This is National FFA Week,” said FFA director Mrs. Tignalia on the day of the breakfast, “FFA chapters all over the United States are celebrating it with activities. Our chapter hosted an Appreciation Breakfast this morning to say ‘thank you’ to the parents, teachers, agriculture businesses and other supporters of FFA. Our FFA members planned, organized, and served the breakfast to around 125 people.”

Junior FFA member Alexa Sommers commented on the event, “It was a fun morning. We had a great turnout and the food was great! Some of the students were given radio interviews and we were given lots of donations.” Hosting a breakfast like the one that FFA put on takes a lot of time and hard work, both of which are key components of FFA and represent its core values. OHS FFA also plans on hosting a “hats on for FFA” fundraiser on Friday, Feb. 24.  Students may pay $1 for sticker to wear their hat.  Stickers will be on sale in the senior commons and by the tennis court doors.