OHS Boys Lacrosse win two in row

Konner Kubista, Writer

The Owatonna Boy’s Lacrosse team started the season off slow with a loss to Farmington. Following this loss, a last second goal put Northfield on top of Owatonna for the Huskies’ second loss of the season. However, this rocky start was just a fluke, as the team is now rolling through their games with almost no contest. The Huskies have beaten opponents Rochester Mayo, 12-1, and Mankato, 12-0, with Ryan Johnson facing more than twenty shots on net and shutting out every single one.

The whole team seems to be clicking this season, with the defense making quick, accurate passes to the offense which sets them up with quality shot attempts, making the Huskies a tremendous headache for opposing defenders and goaltenders. Owatonna’s game against Mankato started off with the Huskies finding the back of the net first and scoring multiple goals in a row. These early games set the tone and attitude early in the game, allowing all the momentum to flow in the Huskies’ favor. Owatonna’s offense was just unstoppable. Captain Mitchell Wiese commented on how the team played as a whole, “Our offense has been playing well the last two games. Century will be a test to see where we [the offense] will be at.” It’s safe to say that the offense is looking pretty good at this point in the season. Owatonna ended up beating Rochester Century 9-4 thanks to Tyler Johnson grabbing himself a hat trick against the Panthers.

This was just one step in the right direction, as the team has their eyes set on something bigger than just regular season. “Our goal is to win the Big 9 conference, and if we keep on playing well, I think we will meet our goal” added Wiese. The Huskies will be hosting Duluth Saturday, April 29th at 3 p.m. Huskies are 3-1 in the Big 9 and 3-2 as a whole so far this season.

Nate Smith looking to pass

Konner Kubista, Staff Writer
My name is Konner Kubista and I’m a senior at OHS. I like playing football, basketball, and watching Carson Wentz tear it up for the Philadelphia Eagles. I am not involved in any thing, but Magnet.
  • OHS Boys Lacrosse win two in row

Student Life

OHS prepares for the 60th annual pops concert

• OHS Boys Lacrosse win two in row

Photos

Photo Gallery: Prom 2018

• OHS Boys Lacrosse win two in row

Summer jobs

• OHS Boys Lacrosse win two in row

Student 1:1 technology

• OHS Boys Lacrosse win two in row

Saving money with the honey app