On the climb

Kenzie Karsten catching a strike.

Kenzie Karsten catching a strike.

Harrison Kuhn

Harrison Kuhn

Kenzie Karsten catching a strike.

Terrell Conner, Writer

The Owatonna Girls Softball season has been a rollercoaster ride so far. The Huskies started out with a solid win against Red Wing with a score of 15-7. Junior Jamie Davison commented on the team as a whole,  “We have good team chemistry this year and our record does not show or reflect that. We all get along really well though.”

The Huskies’ overall chemistry is very good and they do not have any problems getting along. Junior Jenna Vonruden said, “Defensively, I think we’re pretty solid, and a lot of us have been playing with each other for a while so we have really good team chemistry.” With these players being together in summer ball or during high school season, they do not have to worry about chemistry. The Huskies have a record of 4-6 so far and feel that they can bounce back with a winning record by the end of the regular season. Senior captain Ellie Rohman said, “We have a lot of great players, and we have the capability to finish strong this season. We have grown together as a team, and it is exciting to see where we can go.” The team is capable of doing great things as the regular season comes to an end.

The seniors will no doubt miss working together on the team as their last game is approaching on the horizon on May 18, causing this season to be an emotional one for them.  Come out and support the Huskies at home against Farmington at home on Friday, May 12.

• On the climb

Featured

Social Media War: Which side are you on?

• On the climb

Season of Giving: Helping the homeless

• On the climb

Playlist: Get up and dance

• On the climb

Season of Giving: Salvation Army

• On the climb

Student Life

Putting a little “pep” in your step