Seniors Say Farewell

Class of 2017 will return to former elementary schools on final day at OHS

Karson Madole

Senior Magnet staff members in their cap and gown

Nathan Deason, Writer

Wednesday, May 31, is the last day of highschool for the class of 2017 seniors. In past years, seniors have traditionally gathered together at the end of the school day in a “send off” fashion  to finally walk out those doors one last time. While some of the OHS’ typical procedures for seniors will remain the same, this year marks the first year that seniors will revisit their former elementary schools, the place where they began their education – this time they will be wearing their cap and gowns.

Schedule:

• 7:50 a.m. -Seniors report to OHS gym with cap and gown (no tassels or cords) to store them for the day.
  • Students grade 9-12 will be running in a “TMM” schedule. Everyone will report to their TMM a final time for the year where locks will be turned in and lockers will be cleaned out.
  • 1 p.m. – Seniors will be excused from class and report to the gym to receive their cap and gown. From there, they will load buses corresponding to their elementary school.
  • 2:10 p.m. – Seniors will arrive back to OHS and report to the gym where a class video and confetti drop will occur until dismissal.

The class of 2017 will lead the way in a new tradition at OHS, where the building blocks of education will be graced one last time before taking the final steps across the stage to receive the reward 12 years later.