Girls track heads to sections

Senior Karrissa Gregory and Juniors Syd Schultz and Margo Achterkirch jogging at the big nine meet.

Andrew Jackson

Andrew Jackson

Goy Tut, Writer

The Owatonna Girls Track team has had an extraordinary season in 2017. So far, the Huskies have had a lot of really good finishes at competitive tournaments and Big 9 meets. Head Coach Ann Christenson commented on the team’s season as a whole. She said, “The season has been going really well this year, as we have been having a lot of success.” The track team is happy to say they are finishing off the season with high spirits.

The OHS girls track team placed 7th at the Big 9 conference meet with 117 points and had 4×100 and 4×200 meter relay squads placing first ,the individuals of that squad are: Senior Karissa Gregory, Juniors Margo Achterkirch and Syd Schultz and Freshman Josie Sullivan. Individually, Syd Kretlow crossed the finish line in 2:19.96 and won the 800 meter run.

The team also has plenty of good athletes who could potentially go on to win sections and eventually move on to state individually, as well as some of the relay teams. Due to the fact that everyone is seeded according to their record, it makes it more competitive and everyone is trying to win that section title to go to state. Senior Lexi Langeland said,”It’s been a good year and we’re making a run for a section championship.”

OHS Girls Track will be competing in their section tournament at Lakeville South High School on June 1 and 3. OHS wishes them the best at these last few competitions!

• Girls track heads to sections

Featured

Social Media War: Which side are you on?

• Girls track heads to sections

Season of Giving: Helping the homeless

• Girls track heads to sections

Playlist: Get up and dance

• Girls track heads to sections

Season of Giving: Salvation Army

• Girls track heads to sections

Student Life

Putting a little “pep” in your step