Girls track heads to sections

Senior Karrissa Gregory and Juniors Syd Schultz and Margo Achterkirch jogging at the big nine meet.

Andrew Jackson

Andrew Jackson

Goy Tut, Writer

The Owatonna Girls Track team has had an extraordinary season in 2017. So far, the Huskies have had a lot of really good finishes at competitive tournaments and Big 9 meets. Head Coach Ann Christenson commented on the team’s season as a whole. She said, “The season has been going really well this year, as we have been having a lot of success.” The track team is happy to say they are finishing off the season with high spirits.

The OHS girls track team placed 7th at the Big 9 conference meet with 117 points and had 4×100 and 4×200 meter relay squads placing first ,the individuals of that squad are: Senior Karissa Gregory, Juniors Margo Achterkirch and Syd Schultz and Freshman Josie Sullivan. Individually, Syd Kretlow crossed the finish line in 2:19.96 and won the 800 meter run.

The team also has plenty of good athletes who could potentially go on to win sections and eventually move on to state individually, as well as some of the relay teams. Due to the fact that everyone is seeded according to their record, it makes it more competitive and everyone is trying to win that section title to go to state. Senior Lexi Langeland said,”It’s been a good year and we’re making a run for a section championship.”

OHS Girls Track will be competing in their section tournament at Lakeville South High School on June 1 and 3. OHS wishes them the best at these last few competitions!

About the Contributors
Goy Tut, Photo Staff
My name is Goy and I play football and I wrestle. I like to hangout with friends and family and eat all the time. I am a photographer for OHS Magnet. Instagram: goy_tut
Andrew Jackson, Writer
Andrew’s the name, hooping is the game. I stay getting buckets and leave a trail of fire on the track. Writing where my heart at though, and it something real special. Also a 10/10 cuddler so hmu. I play ball for OHS and WOTN travel ball. People call me the finesse kid cause I know my...
  • Girls track heads to sections

Student Life

Marching on

• Girls track heads to sections

Video

2018 Senior Video

• Girls track heads to sections

Photos

Senior Photo Booth 2018

• Girls track heads to sections

Student Life

Senior scholarship send off

• Girls track heads to sections

Sports

2017-18 was a year to remember