Mr. Matt Olson

Returning teacher, Mr. Matt Olson, is glad to be back in Owatonna. After two years of teaching at Faribault High School, he is excited to get back to OHS. In 2014, Mr. Olson was a student teacher at OHS with Mr. Pierce. Now Mr. Olson is replacing Mr. Dickerman, due to his retirement. Before Mr. Olson became a teacher, he originally earned a Business Accountant degree from the UW Eau Claire. Then he worked as an accountant at Power Block for five years. Eventually Olson realized it wasn’t his calling. Olson said, “I liked being around children. The ball clicked when Pierce’s marketing class came out to talk to me about a Marketing project they did for class. And I thought, ‘Man, this is fun. I can’t believe he gets to work with kids as his job.’ So that kind of sparked my interest.” Soon after that, he began the process of receiving his teaching degree.

Mr. Olson will be teaching Small Business and Entrepreneurship, Accounting and Career Exploration. His favorite course to teach is Accounting, even though he didn’t like being an accountant. He said, “It’s fun to go back to the beginning [of accounting] and try to help kids that have never seen it before learn, it’s almost like a new language.” His experience makes him an excellent teacher for the course, and a great addition to the Business teachers here at OHS. We would like to welcome Mr. Olson to the OHS.

Magnet • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in