OHS welcomes new assistant principal

New assistant principal Mr. Moore

Mary Sager

OHS has a new assistant principal. Mr. Chris Moore will be taking over after long time assistant principal Jeff Miller has retired. Mr. Moore has been in the education system for 15 years with a combination of administration and teaching. Before coming to OHS, he was an administrator at Somerset High School. Mr. Moore had this to say about why he got into education, “I got into education because I wanted to help our future generations discover a passion for lifelong learning so that they are able to reach their goals/dreams.” Mr. Moore was attracted to the administration aspect of schooling because the different impact he could have on schools. He also enjoys working with students outside of the building.

Before Mr. Moore became an administrator, he worked as a high school science teacher. Some of the courses he taught were biology and chemistry. Mr. Moore has taught in Woodbury High School, Mahtomedi High School, and was a Vice Principal at Somerset High School.

I am looking forward to getting to know the students, staff, and community of Owatonna.

— Mr. Moore

Mr. Moore had this to say about what he wants to do in his first year here at OHS, “I am looking forward to getting to know the students, staff, and community of Owatonna.” Mr. Moore, is also looking forward to learning the traditions, customs, and culture here at OHS and in our community. He works mostly with juniors and seniors and can be found in the main office.