Saying goodbye

November 26, 2017

Harrison Kuhn
Cole Rocha (25) brings down the Elk River running back

Owatonna Football will graduate over 30 members of this team. On defense, they will lose starting linebackers Cole Rocha and Zach Mensink. In the defensive back position they will lose starters Tucker Alstead, Parker Westphal, Alex Raichle who have been two very important keys to Owatonna’s pass defense and have made it difficult for most teams to throw the ball. Moving onto the defensive end position the team will lose another two year starter Mitchell Wiese. Finally, at the defensive line position, the team will lose, Kadyn Mulert and Kade Serbus who have been essential to stopping the run game.

Harrison Kuhn
Quarterback Abe Havelka pondering

On the offensive side of the ball the Huskies will suffer far more losses. Starting with the Offensive line, they will lose Terrell Conner, Andy Jensen, Brody Veach, Kadyn Mulert and center Dylan Meier. In the backfield, they will lose starting fullback Mitch Wiese, as well as, quarterback Abe Havelka. At the wide receiver positions, they will lose Alex Raichle, Noah Budach and Dalton Kubista. At the tight-end position, they will lose both Logan Starkson and Nolan Malo.

My favorite memories usually revolve around practices with the guys. That is usually the time that is most fun and relaxed- especially enjoyed the UNIDome Trip!

— Coach Jeff Williams

Throughout this season, this team has acquired many award on and off the field. This is shown when they are one of only six teams in the 5A conference to receive and  an Academic Gold Award for their team. But it is the work that led up to the awards that Williams says is his favorite.  Williams said, “My favorite memories usually revolve around practices with the guys. That is usually the time that is most fun and relaxed- especially enjoyed the UNIDome Trip!”

The Magnet would like to say congratulations to the Owatonna Huskies Football program on a great season and winning the Minnesota High School Class AAAAA Championship. For more information regarding the Huskies and their march to victory check out ohsmagnet.com. Also, follow us on Twitter @ohsmagnet, Instagram @ohsmagnet and on snapchat @ohsmagnet for photos and more information about the team.