Season of Giving: Caring for the clothesline

Steele County Clothesline is an essential part of our community.

Hailey Cockram

Editor’s note: This is a series focused on needs and volunteering opportunities in the Owatonna Community.

In the holiday spirit, people tend to volunteer more and help out around their communities. There are many places around the Owatonna community to volunteer with or donate to. One of those locations, along with a series of other places highlighted in other Magnet Stories here, is the Steele County Clothesline. Their mission is, “To provide free clothing and small household items to Steele County residents in need.” Frank Tubbs, a volunteer at the Steele County Clothesline since October says, “I don’t think there is anything better to do then to help out people in the community.”

The Steele County Clothesline is always accepting volunteers, and it is easy to fit any volunteer time in a busy schedule. To donate, bring any size clothes in good condition, small household items, shoes, coats, or blankets to the back door during regular store hours. The Steele County Clothesline hours are Monday and Wednesday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.,Tuesday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. The Steele County Clothesline is closed for the holidays on Dec.25 and 26 as well as Jan. 1 and 2. Any donations meeting the guidelines are much appreciated, especially around the holiday season. Donating funds is also a generous way to help allow establishment operation. For more information, check out the website at www.steelecountyclothesline.org.

For those in need, feel free to go to the Steele County Clothesline and talk to Maureen Schlobohm. She will give all the information needed to receive help from the Steele County Clothesline. Paperwork will be needed to show financial status. The store will provide the things needed once a month to the people that apply.

The store is located at 155 Oakdale Street, Owatonna, MN next to the Steele County Food Shelf. To volunteer, contact executive director, Maureen Schlobohm at 507-451-2550 or [email protected]

Hailey Cockram, writer
Hola me llama Hailey, I’m actually not fluent en Español, but I’m taking Spanish 3 next semester, so I’m trying. I’m involved in volleyball and SHOC.  I joined magnet so I could add another thing to my not so long list of things I’m involved in, and I wanted to meet new people. Another thing...
  • Season of Giving: Caring for the clothesline

Summer jobs

Student 1:1 technology

Super Trooper

Always remember

Updating the security