Ho Ho Bingo!

Corey Gander

It’s the most wonderful time of the year at OHS. It’s time for winter break and more importantly Ho Ho Bingo! On Dec. 22 the school participated in the annual Ho Ho Bingo game. Every year the student council works hard to make this event possible. For those of you who don’t know, Ho Ho Bingo is competitive holiday game that takes place the day before winter break. This event is highly anticipated by students each year, hoping to win many prizes

Santa and his elves call out numbers over the intercom as the game is being played. Prizes are set up in the library for the winners to grab. To win one must get five in a row horizontal, vertical, or diagonal. Then you must yell Ho Ho Ho down the halls as you run to the library for your prize. This year there unfortunately was not a Santa. Braeden Meier and Nick Sande were in charge of announcing the numbers and telling the students jokes over the intercom.

Senior Sheldon Jensen said, “ I’ve won four years straight, this is by far the best day of the year!” Jensen also gave a shout out to his speak and mock trial teams over the intercom. Another winner, sophomore Carter DeBus said, “This is truly the best feeling I’ve ever experienced!” DeBus picked a bottle of Dr. Pepper as his Prize. Maddy Kuck picked a Hope for Haiti shirt as her prize. The shirt was part of a fundraiser for the kids of Haiti affected by an earthquake.

Today, OHS students yelled louder than they ever have before competing in Ho Ho Bingo 2017. Many students won, and many more will wait anxiously for Ho Ho Bingo next year.