High stakes competition

OHS Mock Trial A Team

OHS Mock Trial A Team

Christensen

Christensen

OHS Mock Trial A Team

Arianna Forcelle, Writer

The Owatonna High School Mock Trial team has now progressed to the regional division tournaments. The regional division is the beginning of the end within mock trial. The team will either move to a higher level of competition or their season will be over. Mock trial will go into a round division process. Coach Ann Christensen, says she is seeing such a great improvement in the team from the beginning of the year to now and she has great confidence the team will move on. The team competes against other teams in the southern region for five consecutive rounds of competition as a ruling out process to find the top team.

Currently the team just finished their third round, scoring 2-1. If they win the next two rounds, they are guaranteed to go to state. The last time mock trial has had a consecutive streak of state tournaments was in the late 1990’s and early 2000’s. The Owatonna team has a chance of starting that streak once again. Senior captain Sheldon Jensen said, “This year has been such a rebuilding year for the program, and I am excited to see the team grow and become more confident within the material over these next few tournaments.” The last tournament for Owatonna was in Rice County and they went against Shattuck-Saint Mary’s and won by over twenty points. The next tournament for the mock trial team will be held in just a few weeks.

Arianna Forcelle, Writer
Hi, my name is Arianna Forcelle, but you probably know me better as Ari. I am a senior this year at the OHS and a firm believer in coffee. I am involved in a couple AP courses and take part on the schools Mock Trial team. I am a Assistant Manager at Dairy Queen and...
  • High stakes competition

Student Life

OHS prepares for the 60th annual pops concert

• High stakes competition

Student Life

The annual OHS plant sale

• High stakes competition

Student Life

Encore Performance

• High stakes competition

Student Life

Chit-chat champ

• High stakes competition

Student Life

Springing onto the stage