All about Anisha Zak

Mrs. Anisha Zak, coordinator of internships and career research.

Not sure what you want to do after high school?  Not sure what kind of college classes you need to take?  Want help getting into the workforce?  Mrs. Anisha Zak, new Owatonna High School workforce entry coordinator, is the person to talk to.

Mrs. Zak works with all high schools throughout Steele County, and since September, she has worked with over 80 students at OHS.  Her aid includes, but is not limited to, one on one career counseling, mock interview practice, job applications, resume building and internship searches.  Zak also works closely with OHS teacher Mr. Tate Cummins, who teaches business courses and a class that is an internship. Mrs. Zak helps Mr. Cummins and his classes by finding internships, assisting with applications and resume building.

Although Mrs. Zak has not been at OHS for long, she has already seen successes. One of the students who came to Mrs. Zak told her they wanted to take a year off before going to college. The student did have an idea what they wanted to do, and Mrs. Zak helped make it happen. The student was in band and wanted to work at Wenger. Through Mrs. Zak’s help, the student was hired as a full time employee.  Wenger offers options such as, on-job training, and paying for tuition, so the student has many different options now.  This is just one example of many of how Mrs. Zak has helped a student, and she can help with any future goals.

Casey Cumberland, Writer, Graphic designer
Casey Cumberland is a junior at OHS enjoys baseball, jewelry, and playing Fortnite with his boys.
  • All about Anisha Zak

Student Life

OHS prepares for the 60th annual pops concert

• All about Anisha Zak

Photos

Photo Gallery: Prom 2018

• All about Anisha Zak

Summer jobs

• All about Anisha Zak

Student 1:1 technology

• All about Anisha Zak

Saving money with the honey app