Vaulting to the top

Senior+Taitelyn+Jensen+hitting+the+ending+pose+of+her+floor+routine+before+saluting+to+the+judges.+
Senior Taitelyn Jensen hitting the ending pose of her floor routine before saluting to the judges.

HARRISON_KUHN_PHOTO

HARRISON_KUHN_PHOTO

Karson Madole

The Owatonna Gymnastics team is killing their season so far. Practicing extremely hard and pushing through long meets is paying off. They are now on the verge of entering into sections and likely state with their great group of girls and talent. Their last home meet before sections was Jan. 25 against Northfield, and they came out of their gym with a win.

The team has one more long week to practice hard for the competition. Senior captain Erica Svenby says, ”I am really confident in the team moving forward and I am proud of where we are at in the season.” The team is in a great position at this point in the season as they are ranked number one in the state. Assistant coach Sara Routh said, “The girls always push each other to be their best and learn new skills. They have a positive attitude in the gym and motivate each other. I am always amazed at how talented the girls are and what they can do!”

Along with all the hard work and determination at practice the girls also have a lot of fun and cheer each other on. Senior Macy Hanson said, “There is a lot of singing and a lot of dancing involved in practice and that’s how we shake a lot of our nerves out.” It is important to remember to play hard too, and the team atmosphere helps lead them to victory.

The team will be competing in the Big 9 Conference meet on Feb. 10 at Rochester John Marshall High School. Sections will take place on Feb.16 at Rochester John Marshall and the first place team at sectionals will then move on to state. State will be held at the University of Minnesota Sports Pavilion on Feb. 23 at 6.p.m., and individual competition will take place Feb. 24 at the pavilion at 6 p.m.

• Vaulting to the top

Sports

Above all a team

• Vaulting to the top

Sports

Back to back to back

• Vaulting to the top

Student Life

Forming New Connections

• Vaulting to the top

Sports

Owatonna Football closes the playbook

• Vaulting to the top

Student Life

NHS now taking applications