Final Stretch

Senior Alex Raichle and Junior Jason Williamson at the free throw line

Khaleb Charles

Khaleb Charles

Andrew Jackson, Writer

The Owatonna Boys Basketball team has had an incredible season this year. The team has really shown their  hard work during the regular season. Now it’s time to make one last push from sections to state. The team finished the regular season going 20-6, beating top tier teams like Mankato East, Saint Michael Albertville, and rivals Austin. For the season Dalton says, “ We had a really good regular season going on a 14 game win streak, and it was a lot of fun going on that run.” With four out of the five  starters —Nolan Malo, Dalton Kubista, Alex Raichle, and Andrew Jackson being named all-conference first team this year. Jason Williamson also being named an honorable mention for the conference.

The Huskies are definitely ready for the postseason. The team has been placed third in their section and will have a home game this year. Coach WIlliams is geared up with the team he has this year heading to sections. Williams says, “I see great things happening for this team. We have a bunch of experienced and motivated upperclassmen who have their sights set on a state qualifying run.”  The team is looking forward to the first sections game vs.New Prague at home at 7:00 p.m.. Come out and support the Huskies!

Andrew Jackson, Writer
Andrew’s the name, hooping is the game. I stay getting buckets and leave a trail of fire on the track. Writing where my heart at though, and it something real special. Also a 10/10 cuddler so hmu. I play ball for OHS and WOTN travel ball. People call me the finesse kid cause I know my...
  • Sports

Boys Lax Wins Big 9

• Final Stretch

Sports

GLax Big 9 Champions

• Final Stretch

Sports

2017-18 was a year to remember

• Final Stretch

Sports

Boys golf is in full swing 

• Final Stretch

Sports

Running into Spring