Art to end hunger

Back to Article
Back to Article

Art to end hunger

Lauren Arthur

The National Honor Society talent show will be held on Saturday, Mar. 17 at 7:00 p.m. in the OHS auditorium. Last year, the talent show raised $1,300 for From The Heart recipients. The talent show has been an annual event put on by the NHS in cooperation with many other organizations at the highschool since 2002. This year, the proceeds are going to Food For Kids. NHS is hoping to raise more money than last year. Food For Kids is the Minnesota Association of Student Council and National Honor Society state service project. This means every student council and honor society in Minnesota is encouraged to raise money and awareness to diminish child hunger.

This year’s talents include many vocalists, instrumentalists and one incredible dancer. Last year, Jazz Palmer won the talent show with her original song “Coffee in the Morning”, this year Palmer is chairing the talent show along with Erica Svenby. Palmer said, “All the acts are incredible, this year we have three cellos playing a popular song from a TV song track that will give you chills.” This year there is also a dancer that will be one of the most unique and captivating acts the talent show has ever had. Make sure to come to the talent show on Mar. 17 at 7:00 p.m. with $5 for students and $7 for adults, and bring extra money to donate to Food For Kids.

Lauren Arthur, Social Media Editor

Lauren Arthur is in a plethora of school activities but she spends most her time doing the hobbies of a grandmother. Those hobbies include quilting, gardening...

• Art to end hunger

Sports

Girls basketball bounces past a challenging season

• Art to end hunger

Sports

Making waves

• Art to end hunger

Bold and cold

• Art to end hunger

Fresh Flicks

• Art to end hunger

OHS prepares for new lock down procedures