A Quiet Place

Review and opinion on A Quiet Place

Source: Cineplex
A Quiet Place, directed by John Krasinski, now in theaters

Source: Cineplex A Quiet Place, directed by John Krasinski, now in theaters

A Quiet Place, directed by John Krasinski, is a new horror/thriller movie that keeps viewers on the edges of their seats. The movie is about creatures that are blind, but have incredible hearing. The recurring fear that characters have movie is the idea that if they hear people, they will hunt them. The movie follows a family and shows how they avoid being hunted. The family is made up of a mother, who is pregnant and due, a father, a daughter, who is deaf, and 2 younger boys. In order to keep completely silent, the family communicates with sign language to keep from making any sounds.

Most of the online views and ratings are nothing but positive. IMDb rated it an 8.2 out of 10, and it got a 95% on rotten tomatoes. RogerEbert.com rated it a 3.5 out of 4. Brian Tallerico, a well known critic from RogerEbert.com wrote, “John Krasinski’s A Quiet Place is a nerve-shredder. It’s a movie designed to make you an active participant in a game of tension, not just a passive observer in an unfolding horror. It is a tight thrill ride—the kind of movie that quickens the heart rate and plays with the expectations of the audience. In other words, it’s a really good horror movie.”

Magnet critiques would rate this movie a 8 out of 10 because it was emotionally pulling right from the beginning. The silence in the movie and the theatre was chilling, but the ending was incredible. It is a movie that would be recommended for high schoolers and above, and it would be a great movie to see with friends – viewer discretion advised as it is a thriller.

A Quiet Place began showing at the Northwoods Cinema 10 on April 6, and it will continue to be showing through April 18. The movie is rated PG-13 and is an hour and a half long. The movie will bring viewers in from the beginning, and will leave viewers with a shocking ending.

• A Quiet Place

New year brings new music hits

• A Quiet Place

Combating the mobile phase

• A Quiet Place

Review of “A Wrinkle in Time”

• A Quiet Place

Success in art

• A Quiet Place

Black Panther: Fight for the throne