Running into Spring

Maggie Newhouse jumping over the high jump bar!

Harrison Kuhn

Harrison Kuhn

The OHS Girls Track season has had a few bumps starting their season. Like many other sports at the OHS, the battle with snow was tough. The girls were finally able to sneak in a meet at Faribault last Thursday.

The meet went well for the team as a whole, but again was not the most enjoyable due to the bad weather conditions. Senior captain Margo Achterkirch said, “I am looking forward to running outside, as funny as that sounds. We’ve been running inside for the whole season and it feels good to be on the track.”

The goal for this season is to secure a thirteenth conference title. Coach Ann Christensen said, “The season is going very well despite the weather, and we have a great group of girls with high goals.” Last year the team had an off day at sections, but this is their redemption year.

The team has a strong group of seniors to lead, and a talented group of underclassmen eager to get going. The relay teams, as well as individuals, are all working towards their chance to compete at state. The next meet will be home on Tuesday, May 1 vs.Winona and Faribault.

Lauren Arthur, Social Media Editor

Lauren Arthur is in a plethora of school activities but she spends most her time doing the hobbies of a grandmother. Those hobbies include quilting, gardening and going to bed at 8 o’clock. She also loves her dogs and Billy Joel. Arthur is Student Body Vice President and is involved in Student Council, lacrosse, National Honor Society, Rotary Club, 4-H, FFA and of course Magnet!

• Running into Spring

Features

Locking out trouble

• Running into Spring

Opinion

Editorial: Safety at OHS

• Running into Spring

New opportunities for the first Miscast Cabaret

• Running into Spring

Student Life

Seniors preparing for college

• Running into Spring

Scouting for Achievement