Boys golf is in full swing 

Jonny Wall takes a shot at the green in a meet

The Owatonna Boys Golf program is starting back up this spring, and they have been vigorously practicing for the season ahead. The snow has halted the season a bit, but the team is eager to get out on the course and show what they can do.  

Captains Mac Baumgartner and Matthew Steele are looking forward to leading the team to an exciting season. The boys team has been practicing in the classroom for most of the early spring. The program had a state qualifier last year, and hopefully looking for more qualifiers this year. The team has four returning seniors and lots of young talent. Coach Mark Langlois is excited to get the season going in full swing. Coach Langlois said, “I’m excited about the work ethic, how coachable the players are, and their willingness to push each other to be the best they can be.” The team leaders are also very anxious to get the season going. Captain Baumgartner also gave his take on the season ahead. Baumgartner said, “I’m excited to play in Brainerd with the team and see how the team grows for Big 9.” The boys team is ready to make some noise at sections and hopefully have an exciting and successful season ahead. The team has its next meet on Friday at Owatonna Country Club vs.Blooming Prairie at 3:30 p.m. 

Evan Hackerson, Writer
My name is Evan Hackerson and I am a senior at OHS. I am involved in golf, DECA, and key club. I joined Magnet to be a part of the special group that Magnet is. I was hoping to become more involved in all school events, and use my writing skills to tell about it....
  • Sports

Boys Lax Wins Big 9

• Boys golf is in full swing 

Sports

GLax Big 9 Champions

• Boys golf is in full swing 

Sports

2017-18 was a year to remember

• Boys golf is in full swing 

Sports

Running into Spring

• Boys golf is in full swing 

Sports

Teeing off the season: Girls Golf