GLax Big 9 Champions

Senior Jasmynn Stechmann carries the ball.

Hailey Cockram, writer

Girls lacrosse is glad to be back outside with nice weather now that the April snowstorms are finally over. Due to the weather lately, the team has been stuck with inside practices and has had four games cancelled. Being stuck inside was hard on the team because the field they play on is much bigger and everything is much more compact inside.

The girls are shooting for winning the Big 9 conference and are off to a great start. The team’s current standing in Big 9 conference is 4-1 in the conference and 4-2 overall. Head coach Dan Paur said, “Our expectations are very high for the season!” The team is always working on fundamentals and conditioning to continue preparing for every game.

Senior captain Sophie Amundson said, “Being inside for the first month of the season made for a really slow start, but it made us better players and prepared us for a heavy schedule of games. Everyone has been working hard and our team has scored a ton of goals! We hope to keep dominating our opponents!” The season has gone fast due to the weather set back leaving the team with four season games left, two being home games on May 11 against Northfield and May 24 against Rochester John Marshall.

With the weather putting a damper on the beginning of the season for Girls Lacrosse, the girls have come out ready to “#PickItUpAndShutItDown,” as Amundson would put it. The team begin playoffs  tonight at Lakeville South at 7 p.m.

Hailey Cockram, writer

Hola me llama Hailey, I’m actually not fluent en Español, but I’m taking Spanish 3 next semester, so I’m trying. I’m involved in volleyball and SHOC.  I joined magnet so I could add another thing to my not so long list of things I’m involved in, and I wanted to meet new people. Another thing about me is that I believe that bagels are truly a way to anybody’s heart, especially mine.

• GLax Big 9 Champions

Sports

Scurry to sections

• GLax Big 9 Champions

Fall

Net working with the team

• GLax Big 9 Champions

Fall

Girls Cross Country races to the finish

• GLax Big 9 Champions

Sports

OHS Girls Tennis team is acing their season

• GLax Big 9 Champions

Sports

Kicking the season off right