OHS prepares for the 60th annual pops concert

OHS Concert Choir performing at Big 9

OHS Concert Choir performing at Big 9

Julia Hansen

Julia Hansen

OHS Concert Choir performing at Big 9

The end of the school year calls for ending strong with the final band, orchestra and choir concert. The Pops concert, which includes all music, will perform their fun, final pieces for this year. This performance will mark 60 years of Pops concerts for OHS. The Pops Concert is about the audience and the interaction between the kids. It is oriented to celebrate music and be fun for all people. OHS is proud to have such a supportive and captive audience. The students are held accountable and have a goal of unity for this concert because it’s the last performance with that group of students.

Mr. Guenther has been a conductor for the OHS bands for 16 years. The Pops concert is reflective for him. He thinks back to the beginning of the year, sees where the students started, where they are now and where they are going. Mr. Guenther said,  “For our goodbye to the seniors, we picked a neat but very challenging piece. This is the hardest song the concert band has played.” This year is the fourth year Mrs. Justice has been a conductor for the OHS orchestras. She has been both a performer and director in the Pops concert. Mrs. Justice said,  “This is the most engaging, upbeat and fun concert played the whole year.” Come support the love of music at the 2018 Pops concert that will be held on Tuesday, May 22 at 7 p.m. in the OHS gymnasium.

Julia Hansen, Writer
I am a junior at OHS, I’m involved in basketball, young life and concert band. This is my first year in Magnet and I could not be more excited.
  • OHS prepares for the 60th annual pops concert

Student Life

Marching on

Video

2018 Senior Video

Photos

Senior Photo Booth 2018

Student Life

Senior scholarship send off

Sports

2017-18 was a year to remember