Boys Lax Wins Big 9

The boys lacrosse team has been enjoying a great season so far. They started out their season practicing at the four season center because of all the snow early on. They did the best they could to try and get scrimmages or practices in a dome out of town, rather than being stuck in the four seasons.
The first game for the OHS Boys Lacrosse team was against Rochester Mayo on the Mayo home field. The huskies led the whole game with a final score of 14-6. They took a tough 5-6 loss against the Farmington tigers but were able to recover with back to back wins against Mankato and Century.
The team is led by head coach Scott Seykora. Seykora says, “Last year we were co-big 9 champs, so this year one goal is to go undefeated in the Big 9. We also are looking to win our first section game since 2009.” The team has not had any conference losses yet this year, and hope to keep it that way. Senior captain Jacob Dub said, “I can’t wait to see how far we can go this year. We have a good squad and almost all of the returning players have played with each other since we began playing. The team hopes to win Big 9 and get a bid for the state tournament.”

Huskies continue section playoff Saturday, June 2 at 7:30 vs. Lakeville South.

Skyler Eaton, Writer
Hi my name is Skyler Eaton and I am a writer for the OHS Magnet. I play volleyball in the fall and winter and lacrosse in the spring. I joined Magnet because it seemed like a fun group to be a part of.