New queen crowned at OHS

Serena Omangi

Queen Molly Hawkins

Charity Jackson, Writer

On Monday, Sept. 17, Molly Hawkins was announced the 2018 OHS Homecoming Queen. Hawkins is a senior at OHS and is involved in an array of activities. She is captain of the girls soccer and girls lacrosse teams, and she also plays basketball. Ever since kindergarten she has played soccer and basketball, and she only started playing lacrosse her freshman year of high school. Hawkins is involved in Student Council and DECA. Her senior year she became a member of National Honor Society and was elected the president of OHS DECA.

Outside of school, Hawkins enjoys playing the ukulele and being a member of rotary. Hawkins does not have the typical high school job, but she works hard in her small business she owns alongside junior Josie Sullivan. Hawkins and Sullivan have a unique and innovative business called UFFDA Gear, where they sell upcycle flannels and other clothing items with some northern flare added to them. After high school, Hawkins plans on attending the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse for a business related major and a minor in Spanish.

Hawkins always thought being homecoming queen would be a cool experience, and then it became a reality for her. She felt honored that her fellow students respected her enough to vote for her. Being Queen, Hawkins is most excited about the homecoming parade, and she said, “It’ll be really cute with all the little kids, and I find it cool to change it up from always being on the soccer float to now riding in a convertible.” You can find Hawkins at the Homecoming parade and football game on Friday, Sept. 21, and at the Homecoming dance on Saturday, Sept. 22.