Ms. Micah Cabbage

Ms. Cabbage

As OHS was looking to fill a Spanish teacher position, Ms. Micah Cabbage seemed like the best fit for the foreign language department. Ms. Cabbage grew up in Iowa and graduated from Luther college in Decorah, Iowa. She decided to take her degree into teaching at the Owatonna High School after she finished her student teaching this past May.

Ms. Cabbage explained how her Spanish teacher in high school was the one who influenced her in receiving her teaching degree. She is aspiring to be able to reach out to everybody who steps in her classroom, and that pushed her into wanting to inspire kids with a foreign language. She was involved in the volleyball team throughout high school and is open to becoming a volleyball coach, if she is given the opportunity.  

She is looking forward to getting to know her students better, developing her teaching philosophy and figuring out what’s going to help her students learn best. Above all, her goal is to  have a strong and fun learning environment in her classroom. Besides being a Spanish teacher, Ms. Cabbage gave an insight to her social life, and said, “I love to go play trivia and I like to binge watch Netflix.” Cabbage is a great addition to the OHS, and she will be an important part of the world language department.

Magnet • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in