Mr.+Wood

Mr. Wood

Meet Mr. Jeremy Wood, one of the new English teachers at OHS. He grew up in Bel – Air, Maryland, and studied at the Valley State University in North Dakota. This will be his first year teaching. For his first year of teaching, he is taking on English 12 language and composition, English 10, English 11 and language and composition in second semester. Mr. Wood said, “I ultimately chose Owatonna because the mission and educational approach of Owatonna Public Schools firmly coincides with my own as an educator.”

In high school, sports were important to Mr. Wood. He said, “My junior year of high school we had a fantastic season and won the Baltimore City Public Schools championship with an undefeated record.” Mr. Wood has played soccer in college and semi-professionally. He has continued his passion of soccer by coaching the 9A Girl’s Soccer team for the OHS. Mr. Wood is proud of his team and said he is seeing a lot of positive growth in each of his players. When he is not focusing on soccer, he likes to travel and read. Mr. Wood makes many trips to Chicago and Philadelphia because his family is there, and he and his wife have traveled to Ireland, Scotland and Jamaica. Mr. Wood is excited to form positive and lasting relationships with his students and colleagues.

Magnet • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in