Fortnite Cross-Play Announced

Source: Epic Games announced on September 26, 2018 that Sony will allow cross-play.

Press Release Photo

Blake Kubat, Writer

Epic Games has announced that its Battle Royale game, Fortnite, will be updated to support cross-play. Sept. 26, 2018 was an exciting day for many people who play Fortnite. Sony is finally allowing cross-play for the PS4, which means that PS4 owners will be able to play Fortnite against players from different consoles and devices. Devices such as the Xbox, PS4, mobile and PC.  This is highly anticipated for each console because every system believes they are better than the other, and now they can finally end this dispute.

The Sony Corporation is a Japanese multinational corporation headquartered in Kōnan, Minato and Tokyo. Its diversified business includes consumer and professional electronics, gaming, entertainment and financial services. After they changed to cross-platform, Sony said, “ We began with allowing players from Playstation to play with all other consoles, and devices. This represented a major policy change for Sony Interactive Entertainment, and there will be more information on other titles going forward when we have more details to share.” So far the cross-play is having a positive turnout. Senior Angel Garcia plays fortnite on PS4, and he said, “I think cross-play is a good way to be connected with friends on fortnite on any device. There is no need to buy a new console just to play with friends. There is some lag and errors, but overall it’s been really good.” Cross-play has brought friends together by connecting on other devices and consoles.

Epic games has been keeping up with their weekly updates, which removes/adds items, they will tweak a weapon’s stats and adding new areas to the map  Last time it they added Fortnite Mobile App and now they made it compatible with every device and console.

Blake Kubat, Writer

Blake is a senior at the OHS. This will be his second year being apart of the Magnet family. Outside of Magnet, he likes to spend time with friends and...

• Fortnite Cross-Play Announced

A Very Merry Netflix

• Fortnite Cross-Play Announced

Hallmark Holiday

• Fortnite Cross-Play Announced

Art Splash 2018

• Fortnite Cross-Play Announced

25 Days of Tradition

• Fortnite Cross-Play Announced

Ralph Breaks The Internet