Kicking the season off right

Aaron Bangs plays tough defense

Aaron Bangs plays tough defense

Tommy Lehrer

Tommy Lehrer

Aaron Bangs plays tough defense

Carter DeBus, Writer

The boys varsity soccer team has had a very successful season with more still ahead of them. They already have a overall record of 10-3-1 which puts them at the 18th ranked team in the state and will give them a good seed in sections. Senior captains are David Keller, Jared Fett, Zach Barrett and junior captain Derek Huxford have led their team through an outstanding season including their latest win over the Lakeville South Cougars. The team is pretty evenly spread out with good defenders and great offensive players. Senior Jack Hanson has scored the most goals for the team with seven goals.

Coach Bob Waypa mentioned one of the team strengths is with their defense. He said, “Team defense starts with guys like Jared Fett and Zach Barrett. They are the twin towers in the back and off them you have Aaron Bangs and Sam Henson. So our back four are as good as anyone in the state.” With 14 different goal scorers for the Huskies, the team has many offensive weapons.

With Owatonna’s hard loss in the first round of sections last year to Farmington. The seniors are working harder than ever before to make up for the hard fought game with two overtimes just to lose by a penalty kick last year. Senior captain David Keller said, “We need to stay disciplined as we head into sections, we have great chemistry and are primed to do some damage come October.” The team is looking to make it further in sections and leave their mark on the 2018 season.

On Thursday Oct. 11 the OHS Boys Soccer team lost in the second round of sections to Rochester Mayo 4-1.

About the Contributors
Carter DeBus, Writer

Carter Jae DeBus is a junior at the OHS. DeBus is involved in the following activities, he plays football, baseball and is involved in DECA. He loves...

Tommy Lehrer, Writer, Photographer

Tommy Lehrer is a senior this year at OHS. He is involved in hockey and Younglife as well as many other hobbies. His passion is anything and everything...

• Kicking the season off right

Sports

Record breaking Huskies

• Kicking the season off right

Sports

Bank on it

• Kicking the season off right

Sports

Early Dismissal

• Kicking the season off right

Sports

Seniors prepare for battle

• Kicking the season off right

Fall

Huskies are state bound