Record breaking Huskies

Ali An and Logan Norrid will represent OHS at the Minnesota State Swimming and Diving tournament

Barydn Larson, Writer

Kiley Golberg and Jessica Spatenka
Senior Allison An preparing for her event

After completing the girls swim and dive season, senior Allison An and eighth grader Logan Norrid will now be attending state at the University of Minnesota. An will be competing in state diving for her third consecutive year, and she said, “Season went pretty well. I’m excited to spend time with my teammates up in the cities, and compete at the U one last time.” An will compete in prelims Wednesday, Nov. 14. In addition, she said, “It’s sad that this is the end of my high school swimming career, but all good things have to come to an end.”

Norrid is a young asset to the Owatonna Girls Swim and Dive team, and only being in 8th grade, Norrid recently set the school record with a time of 58.97 seconds and qualified for state in the 100m butterfly race.She s

Jade Hanson
8th grader Logan Norrid, competing in the 100 fly event at OMS pool

aid, “It’s cool knowing that there were seniors that could not beat me, and it makes me feel like I can accomplish many more things.” Norrid stated she has participated in swimming lessons for as long as she can remember, and has be swimming competitively since she was seven. At this time she competes in the 100m butterfly and 200m individual medley, and has the ambition to eventually win Big 9, state and set as many record as she can before her high school career is over.

If An and Norrid qualify, Minnesota Swimming and Diving Finals will be on Friday Nov. 16.