The Grinch that steals hearts

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Grinch that steals hearts

Source: Google Images

Source: Google Images

Press Release Photo

Source: Google Images

Press Release Photo

Press Release Photo

Source: Google Images

Kenzie Haberman, Writer

The new animated movie, The Grinch, is guaranteed to melt any heart of ice. Although it is a little different, it still contains the sentimental value of the original How The Grinch Stole Christmas that was released in 1966 by Dr. Seuss. The Grinch released 52 years later in 2018, brings family values, charming characters and represents what the Christmas spirit is all about. The main character, Cindy Loo Who, voiced by Cameron Seely, is delightful, bubbly and spirited. She is determined to talk to Santa in hopes that her one true Christmas wish will come true. Loo Who wishes that things could be easier for her single mom. In the midst of Loo Who working with her friends to hatch a plan to catch Santa so she can tell him her wish, the Grinch, voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch, is plotting to ruin Christmas for every Who in Whoville, just as Christmas was ruined for him as a child.

This original story is filled with imaginative imagery and has tremendous heart.”

— Illumination’s head, Chris Meledandri

The Grinch was released in theaters on Nov. 9. The 2018 storyline is packed with creative animations and a unique plot. Illumination’s head Chris Meledandri said, “This original story is filled with imaginative imagery and has tremendous heart.” This Christmas movie will leave everyone feeling merry and bright. It has a warm, fuzzy and family-friendly feeling. Leaving viewers wanting to return twice, maybe three times. The animation is flawless and the plot is just short of a cinematic masterpiece.   

Kenzie Haberman, Writer

Kenzie Haberman is a junior at the Owatonna High School. She is involved in DECA, SHOC and loves going to Young life events. Haberman works as a lifeguard...

• The Grinch that steals hearts

A Very Merry Netflix

• The Grinch that steals hearts

Hallmark Holiday

• The Grinch that steals hearts

Art Splash 2018

• The Grinch that steals hearts

25 Days of Tradition

• The Grinch that steals hearts

Ralph Breaks The Internet