Filed under Showcase, Sports

Just keep swimming

Junior+Colten+Kamholz+prepares+to+dive+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Just keep swimming

Junior Colten Kamholz prepares to dive

Junior Colten Kamholz prepares to dive

Charity Jackson

Junior Colten Kamholz prepares to dive

Charity Jackson

Charity Jackson

Junior Colten Kamholz prepares to dive

The Owatonna Boys Swim and Dive team has just ended captains’ practice and has transitioned into regular season practice. Starting this year, the team has been attending the weight room two to three times a week to improve the strength and flexibility of the swimmers. Captain Colten Kamholz said, “We do a lot of weight lifting, and we do a lot of swimming to get ready for the season.” Incoming freshman are joining, and are making up half of the teams size.

OHS hosted Rochester Century for their home opener. In the dual meet, the Huskies placed first, second and fourth in the diving portion. Head coach Peter Rhodes said, “It’s always exciting to see what they are able to do, and also be able to see how swimmers that have previously swam progress.”

It’s always exciting to see what they are able to do, and also be able to see how swimmers that have previously swam progress.”

— Peter Rhodes

In a joint effort between the Owatonna Swim Association, Owatonna Middle School and the Owatonna Foundation, the swim team was given the funds to invest in a new scoreboard. The old scoreboard has served Owatonna well for many years, but it was time for a upgrade. The new scoreboard was installed over the summer, and will be in use for many years to come.The swim team has two main goals for this upcoming season, one of the main ones focuses around the previous seasons and how they can improve. In past years, the team was able to win two meets, but this year they are setting themselves up to win three. The other goal is to demolish personal records for every individual swimmer.

The swim team is preparing hard for their first meet of the season at home on Dec. 13 at 6 p.m., against Albert Lea.

Hunter Martin, Writer

Hunter Martin is a junior at OHS. In his free time he enjoys wakeboarding and jet skiing with his friends. His favorite movies include Deadpool, followed...

• Just keep swimming

Randall resigns from OHS

• Showcase

Owatonna Baseball and Softball

• Just keep swimming

School stays on School St.

• News

Multimedia success

• Just keep swimming

Job signing day