Back to the hardwood

Molly+Hawkins+is+announced+as+a+starter+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Back to the hardwood

Molly Hawkins is announced as a starter

Molly Hawkins is announced as a starter

Ashlikay Castillo

Molly Hawkins is announced as a starter

Ashlikay Castillo

Ashlikay Castillo

Molly Hawkins is announced as a starter

Jack Hanson, Writer

Owatonna Girls Basketball is back in action. After falling 0-2 in the first two games after Tuesday’s loss against Northfield with a score of 75-39, the girls varsity team is ready to get back on track. The girls are lead by their senior captains: Annika Harper, Molly Hawkins, Kenna Schroht, and junior Sara Anderson.

Basketball is a very goal oriented sport, captain Annika Harper said, “For myself, I would like to take everything in this season knowing it is my last ever season here at OHS and enjoy my time here while it lasts. As a team we want to be the most successful as possible and set an example to the younger players what Owatonna Girls Basketball is all about and prepare them for a future of success, while hopefully fulfilling our goals as seniors this season.”

With a successful season last year, the girls are looking to build off that and have another successful season. Varsity Head Coach, Lindsey Hugstad-Vaa said, “We have a young team with lots of potential! Our goal is to find our team chemistry to play our best game of basketball. We have a mixture of ninth through twelfth grade that haven’t had much experience playing together with graduating nine seniors, but we have a lot of talent and once we find our groove, I think we will have a very competitive and exciting season!” Catch the girls on Saturday, Dec. 14, at Albert Lea High School at 7:30 p.m. for their next game.

About the Contributors
Jack Hanson, Writer

Jack Hanson is a senior at OHS. This year Hanson is involved in soccer and basketball. Outside of school Hanson spends his free time working at the Owatonna...

Ashlikay Castillo, Writer

This is Ashlikay Castillo and she is a senior at Owatonna High School. Castillo is involved in link crew, managing the OHS Girls Basketball team, plays...

• Back to the hardwood

Multi-media

Women’s History Month: What impact do you want to have on the world?

• Back to the hardwood

Showcase

Making it a night to remember

• Back to the hardwood

Something to marvel at

• Back to the hardwood

Showcase

Jumping into the spotlight

• Back to the hardwood

Showcase

Reflecting memories