Protecting the net in sections

Back to Article
Back to Article

Protecting the net in sections

Dom Valento skates with the puck

Dom Valento skates with the puck

Serena Omangi

Dom Valento skates with the puck

Serena Omangi

Serena Omangi

Dom Valento skates with the puck

Sol Havelka, Writer

The end of the regular season is coming to an end for the Owatonna Boys Hockey team, and are down to only one game left until sections. After an amazing regular season, the Huskies are third in the Big 9, and they are looking forward to some competitive section games.

After a big conference win against Mankato East, the team is looking to carry the moment into the last game of the season on Saturday, Feb. 16. Junior goalkeeper, Zach Wiese said, “It was a great team win. If we are able to keep this game’s momentum into our last game and sections, we could make a run.”

The Huskies have to play a tough section when it comes time for the playoffs. Head coach, Josh Storm said, “Our strengths are goaltending, our ability to make small plays off the rush and depth offensively. Some areas we need to improve on is our power play and penalty kill.” The sixth seed Huskies will play three seed Rochester Century. Storm said, “I am looking forward to hopefully getting an opportunity to play some of the top metro teams in Section 1AA like Lakeville North, South, Farmington and Hastings.”

The boys have done a great job of having fun this year. Finishing the year playing so well has been helpful.”

— Andrew Munns

With the long regular season coming to an end, the team had to use each other’s energy to stay focused and have fun. Senior captain, Andrew Munns said, “The boys have done a great job of having fun this year. Finishing the year playing so well has been helpful.” The Huskies will take on Rochester Century this Thursday, Feb.21 at 7 p.m. in Rochester.

• Showcase

Owatonna Baseball and Softball

• Protecting the net in sections

Sports

Shooting into the season

• Protecting the net in sections

Showcase

Consistency is key

• Protecting the net in sections

Showcase

Putting in the work

• Protecting the net in sections

Sports

Tracking down the competition