Time to take a step back

Nevin Schroeder, Writer

Headspace is the most popular app to relax and reframe stress. Headspace lets the mind relax with guided meditations and mindful techniques that bring calm, wellness and balance to anyone’s life in just a few minutes a day. The app also helps create ideal conditions for a good night’s rest.

Headspace focuses on what matters in everyday life and teaches the fundamental techniques of meditation. The app gives a new topic each day, which will give tips on how to approach different situations. Headspace takes only two to three minutes for a quick mental rest. Once done with a topic, it brings new skills and answers to mindfulness questions. The app allows people to work with each other on ways to relax one’s minds.

While going through the stages in the app, there are options to run or walk out the stress. There are also different stages to go through to help calm down. The more stages completed, the harder it works the mind. Headspace offers a two auto-renewing subscriptions option. Headspace is free for the first month and then costs $12.99 per month or $94.99 a year. It connects with Apple’s health app, which costs $12.99.

Headspace has a star rating of 4.9 out of 5, which is the best relaxing app out in the app store. Senior Zander Johnson said, “Going through high school has put tons of stress on me and I wanted to find an app that can help me keep cool.” Headspace has had viewers from all over the world.