Hardwood Huskies

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hardwood Huskies

Boys basketball after defeating Albert Lea.

Charity Jackson

Charity Jackson

Charity Jackson

Braydn Larson, Writer

After battling with injuries all season, the Owatonna Boys Basketball team finished their regular season Friday, March 1, in Northfield. The Huskies are in class AAAA, this is the highest class in the state and is based off population and location. There are eight teams in each section. Heading into sections, the Huskies are looking to be sitting at an eight seed and will be facing Lakeville North who has the number one seed.

Senior Jared Fett, suffered a broken wrist on Tuesday, Dec. 18, and was forced to miss many games in the season but fought hard to make it back Fett said, “I thought I was done for the season, but I healed up and it’s good to be back playing for the last few weeks.” Struggling mid-season, the Huskies have finished the season with a 7-19 record heading into sections after starting the season 3-1.

The Huskies record does not show what they have done this season as they have lost many close games. Head Coach, Josh Williams said, “With a full squad back healthy and the chance to establish some consistency with how we play and what we do. Our kids have been competing very well the last several weeks.”

Lakeville North has dominated AAAA for a while, so this will not be an easy road to state for the Huskies. Williams said, “We must come ready to compete both mentally and physically in practice the next several days to ensure sure we are ready to step on the floor on March 6th against a quality opponent.” The game will be held at Lakeville North at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, March 6.

Braydn Larson, Writer

This year Braydn Larson is a senior at the OHS and plans on attending college for a major in graphic design. Larson is involved in basketball and as of...

• Showcase

Owatonna Baseball and Softball

• Hardwood Huskies

Sports

Shooting into the season

• Hardwood Huskies

Showcase

Consistency is key

• Hardwood Huskies

Showcase

Putting in the work

• Hardwood Huskies

Sports

Tracking down the competition