Skies the limit

Press Release Photo

Press Release Photo

Devin Omangi, Writer

Rapper Lil Skies just dropped his second studio album, Shelby, on March 1, 2019. Just over a year since Skies dropped his debut album, ‘Life of a Dark Rose’, on January 10, 2018. Skies’ album Shelby is dedicated to his mother. Skies wanted to honor his mother for all the work she has done for him in his life. Skies’ new album was very anticipated and requested heavily by his fans. Junior Nolan Ideker said, “The album is really good. I have been waiting for a long for it to drop It was well worth the wait for it.” The album cover is a picture of his mother holding him when he was a baby. A lot of Skies’ unreleased songs had snippets of them up all over social media before his album was officially released.

Fans were anxious to hear Skies’ because of how successful his first album was. Life of a Dark Rose went gold the same year it was released on November 9, 2018. Senior Noah Brandt said, “I like the album Shelby because he talks about his life, and he spits some pretty cool bars. My favorite song is I or Through the Motions.’” Shelby has 14 tracks on the album, with three featuring rappers Gucci Mane, Landon Cube and Gunna. Skies’ second album should put him on the map as one of the best rappers in the rap game at the moment, and he is only 20 years old. Shelby is out and available for listening on all music platforms.

Devin Omangi, Writer

Devin Omangi is a senior at OHS. Omangi plays soccer on the boys varsity team. This is Omangi’s first year on the magnet staff he is joined by his twin...

• Skies the limit

Studying with apps

• Arts and Entertainment

Spring break staycation

• Skies the limit

The Bachelor takes a turn

• Skies the limit

Rebel romance

• Skies the limit

No need to lace them up