Making it a night to remember

Designed by Casey Cumberland

Student Life stories feature clubs and student profiles

Elyssa Munch, Writer

Prom is on its way and very soon, the prom committee will be working hard to make the event perfect for everyone. Prom committee plans out the theme and other elements of the event. These elements include the photo stops along the path of grand march, places where people can pose and show off their glamorous outfits for friends and family to take photos. The committee plans out the decorations in the building that go along with the theme and color scheme for the night. They also plan out a snack shop, which is the concession stand provided for the students attending prom. They have snacks every year and have to coordinate the treats they have. The committee sets up fundraisers and sponsors for the night. Each and every one of these elements are very valuable to make the event a truly special night.

The OHS 2019 prom has a greek theme called Golden Garden Gala. Prom committee adviser, Marilyn Olson said, “Prom is hard work, but in the end, when their family and friends come to watch Grand March and see how we transform a drab arena into a beautiful night in a Greek garden, it’s worth every ounce of sweat and tears.”

New members are always welcome on the team. They are looking for dedicated creative minds of students who are willing to make valuable contributions to the creation of the perfect event that everyone will remember. One of the lead members, senior Lily Redman said, “My favorite part of prom committee is seeing a group of people come together to work vigorously and be able to complete a job with pride.” Any interested parties who would like to join in the brainstorming, decorating, researching and more for this year’s prom can show up to the meetings with no sign up. Meetings are every Monday before school at 7:30 a.m. in the small group forum at OHS. Prom is on Saturday, May 11.