All about tennis

Ashlikay Castillo

Junior Evan Huemoeller practices at West Hills

Ashlikay Castillo, Writer

Junior Evan Huemoeller, also known as “Evan Tennis,” has been involved in tennis for six years. He strives to compete for his very best each in every match. His favorite part about tennis is keeping everything in check and being in the moment.

In his free time, Huemoeller likes to play disc golf and puts an extremely large amount of time and effort into tennis year round. Sophomore and teammate, Lincoln Maher said, “He shows up ready to work and get better, always looking to improve himself and his teammates. Some of his strengths are dedication, determination, having a winning attitude and being a caring and respectful leader.”

Evan contributes to the team by always stepping on the court, ready to bust his tail and do everything he can to better the team.

— Teammate Lincoln Maher

Huemoeller has a powerful groundstroke and a consistent serve, which helps out the team tremendously. He also plans on having a successful season this year. Head coach Curt Matejcek said, “I’ve been coaching Evan for five years. Evan has a great shot-making ability and a strong all-around game. My advice to him is know that there will be adversity along the way this season and keep a positive outlook when things get difficult. Keep giving full effort and keep working on the mental aspect of the game.”

Huemoeller is excited to have a strong, deep team this upcoming season. Huemoeller said, “I’m not really sad about tennis coming to an end, just because you can improve and progress at tennis outside of high school. Since I practice a lot outside of high school, I look forward to participating in tennis throughout the years.” He is planning on playing tennis in college and is looking into The University Of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and Gustavus Adolphus College, but will continue to look at more schools in the future. Catch Huemoeller dominate on the tennis court this spring.