Consistency is key

Back to Article
Back to Article

Consistency is key

Mac Pilcher serving

Mac Pilcher serving

Jade Hanson

Mac Pilcher serving

Jade Hanson

Jade Hanson

Mac Pilcher serving

Hunter Martin, Writer

Boys tennis is making headway as the season is coming to a close. The team has been fighting and giving it their all, and it has been reflected with their incredible 8-2 record so far this season.

The team’s main goal this year is to continue improving their consistency and to use any outdoor practice time to the fullest. The team has been limited with the amount of time they have been able to practice outside due to the wet courts April and May has brought. Senior captain Spencer Intress said, “As a team, we are working on staying consistent with the shots we hit.” Starting off in the season, players were trying new positions and roles, but now it’s go time with many of the players settled into their final roles preparing for upcoming events.

The weather has not been the best this season. We have to work with the time we are given, which means multiple matches a week”

— Curt Matejcek

The weather has put up a fight with outside practice, and many of their practices have been moved to the inside courts at West Hills Tennis Center. The weather has also been the source of the abundance of matches that have been rescheduled,  which in turn has left the season with a very packed schedule: with back to back games, with limited rest and time to practice in between. Coach Curt Matejcek said, “The weather has not been the best this season. We have to work with the time we are given, which means multiple matches a week.” Although the terrible weather has definitely had an impact this season the team has still been practicing hard and is ready to take on the Big Nine tournament on May 11 at 9 a.m. at Rochester Outdoor Tennis Center.

About the Contributors
Hunter Martin, Writer

Hunter Martin is a junior at OHS. In his free time he enjoys wakeboarding and jet skiing with his friends. His favorite movies include Deadpool, followed...

Jade Hanson, Editor In Chief

Jade Hanson is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her second year being a part of the OHS Magnet family, and she is ecstatic to be taking on the...

• Consistency is key

Showcase

Fun filled night of music making

• Consistency is key

Randall resigns from OHS

• Showcase

Owatonna Baseball and Softball

• Consistency is key

School stays on School St.

• News

Multimedia success