Shooting into the season

Back to Article
Back to Article

Shooting into the season

Noah Brandt running up the field

Noah Brandt running up the field

Dom Nelson

Noah Brandt running up the field

Dom Nelson

Dom Nelson

Noah Brandt running up the field

The boys lacrosse team has been practicing in the four seasons center and out on the fields at Lincoln to stay in shape for the season. In preparation before the season, the team has been getting in the gym with a few captain practices and some lifting during the offseason.

Lacrosse is a very goal oriented game, and the team has put a few goals in place to try and reach for a successful season. Senior captain Noah Brandt said, “Our goals are to succeed as a team and win the Big 9 again.” These goals should be attainable with the teams returning strong, core group of seniors, and a group of eager juniors and sophomores.

With a new season brings new excitement for the players. The team is also excited for their new helmets which feature a royal blue base color and huskies on each side. The team graduated a number of seniors this last year and have many spots open to be filled this year. Head coach Scott Seykora said, “We have 12 seniors this year, and those guys have a lot of experience. We are more of a well-balanced team this year.” The lacrosse team is currently 1-5 overall on the year and are looking to pick up momentum heading into the last half of the season. Their next game is tonight, May 7 against Mankato at 7:30 p.m.

Matt Segler, Writer and Editor

Matt Segler is currently a senior at OHS. It is Seglers second year on staff and he has returned because he loves the family feel of Magnet and writing...

• Showcase

Owatonna Baseball and Softball

• Shooting into the season

Showcase

Consistency is key

• Shooting into the season

Showcase

Putting in the work

• Shooting into the season

Sports

Tracking down the competition

• Shooting into the season

Showcase

Back into swing