Mr.+Deluca

Mr. Deluca

Mr. Andy Deluca is a student-teacher at the OHS. He attended high school in Orono, and went on to study music education at Gustavus Adolphus College. In high school, he was inspired by his band director, who pulled him into the world of music. In college, Mr. Deluca received many opportunities from his adviser to teach bands, sparking his interest in becoming a future band director. OHS band director Mr. Peter Guenther met Mr. Deluca at a music conference at Gustavus, where he asked him to teach at OHS. 

When Mr. Deluca is not at school, he enjoys playing golf and tennis, playing with his dog and going to see his family. Additionally, he is a huge sci-fi nerd and is an avid Star Trek fan. Mr. Deluca also enjoys traveling and has with both his band classes and by himself. In total, he has traveled to 28 countries in Africa, South America and Europe. Mr. Deluca said, “With leaving the U.S., we can see more of a different perspective. I love trying new foods and saying this is who I am and this is who I need to be.” 

Mr. Deluca likes how the staff program at OHS works with their students, as well as their ways of forming relationships with them. Mr. Deluca is very nervous and excited to be at OHS. He is nervous about finding a job that would meet his expectations regarding being a college director and teaching students about music.