Ms.+Mash

Ms. Mash

Ms. Mash

Ms. Kelliemarie Mash will be joining the Owatonna High School English department staff, and will be teaching with Mrs. Gail Tratz in room B108.  Originally from the suburbs of Minneapolis, Ms. Mash spent two years at Benedict College in Kansas before transferring to Minnesota State University, Mankato to finish her last two and a half years in education.  

Ms. Mash arrived in Owatonna to teach after being randomly placed in the Owatonna Public Schools by Minnesota State University, Mankato.  Ms. Mash said, “I really love the district, as well as the students in Owatonna.” The Owatonna staff is extremely thrilled to have her on board this year. With English being her favorite subject in school, influenced by her love for Harry Potter, Ms. Mash decided to go into education because she enjoys helping young students, and believes that reading and writing are important skills throughout life. Ms. Mash’s goal is to help kids learn to love English.

In Ms. Mash’s free time, she enjoys baking and running. Ms. Mash said, “I was never a fan of running in high school, but now I have enjoyed exercising, especially running.” After she finished high school, Ms. Mash took a year off and traveled to 31 states in a van, taking in the beauty of the United States.  Ms. Mash’s favorite part of the trip was traveling with her friends. Ms. Mash said, “I really enjoyed spending the year with my friends while creating many new memories.” Ms. Mash is excited to teach her students more about the English language, as well as learning more about her students this year.