press release photo

A movie filled holiday

Movies to watch over break

Winter break for many students involves a lot of down time. These couple of weeks are a prime time to relax and take a break. These classic movies are the best way to spend some quality time alone or with loved ones time during the cold days.

Nightmare Before Christmas

This film follows the troublesome adventure of Jack Skellington, Halloween Town’s beloved pumpkin king, who has lost the joy of frightening people in the “real world” every year. When Jack comes across Christmas town, filled with warm spirits and bright colors, he gets a new perspective on his life. He plots to kidnap Santa Claus and take control over Christmas. But Jack soon discovers that th...

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas

In these adaptations of the beloved children's tale by Dr. Seuss, the reclusive green Grinch decides to ruin Christmas for the joyful citizens of Whoville. Joined by his loyal dog, Max, the Grinch comes down from his mountaintop home and sneaks into town on Christmas Eve night to swipe everything holiday-related from the Whos. However, the bitter grump finds a hitch in his plans when he encounters...

Home Alone

When troublesome 8-year-old Kevin McCallister acts out the night before a family trip to Paris, his mother makes him sleep in the attic. After the McCallisters mistakenly leave for the airport without Kevin, he awakens to an empty house and assumes his wish to have no family has come true. But his excitement sours when he realizes that two burglars plan to rob the McCallister’s house, and that he must protect...

Elf

This comedic film follows Buddy who was accidentally transported to the North Pole as a toddler and raised to adulthood among Santa's elves. Unable to shake the feeling that he doesn't fit in, the adult Buddy travels to New York, in full elf uniform, in search of his real father. As it happens, this is Walter Hobbs, a cynical businessman. After a DNA test proves this, Walter reluctantly attempts to ...

The Polar Express

The film is an inspiring adventure based on the beloved children's book by Chris Van Allsburg. Late on Christmas Eve, after the town has gone to sleep, a boy boards the mysterious train that waits for him. He and a group of kids embark on a mischievous journey of self-discovery that shows them that the wonder of life never fades for those who believe, and only true believers can hear the sound of Sant...