First ever game at the OHS

Isaac Gefre, Writer

The adapted floor hockey team is having their first ever game at the Owatonna High School against Dakota United (Burnsville/Farmington/Lakeville). This has been a highly anticipated game ever since last year, after last year’s scheduled game had gotten canceled due to the harsh weather. The team this year is looking forward to playing at OHS in front of a big crowd. The pep band will be playing music throughout the game along with the cheerleaders cheering the team on.

The Huskies are off to a great start this season; their current record is 2-3 with some thrilling victories under their belt. Senior captain Melinda Abernathy said, “Most of the other teams we played had cheerleaders for them, and I am excited we get to have them at our game”. 

Many of the players are very excited for the game; they are used to playing in front of big crowds. The gym at the middle school is always jammed packed full of people, but now at the high school, there will be a lot more room for fans. Senior captain Jasmyn Tally said, “I’m looking forward to cheering on my team, but I am 100% nervous for this game.” The team gets along very well; they truly cherish playing together. Senior captain Colton Drache said, “I’m most excited about playing for the first time at the high school in front of a big crowd, and the cheerleaders and pep band will be there, and that should pump up the crowd.” Drache loves taking on the role of being one of the captains for the adapted floor hockey team this year. He is very excited that the game went on as scheduled this year. 

The game will be at OHS on Monday, Feb. 3 at 5 p.m. against Dakota United (Burnsville/Farmington/Lakeville) The team appreciates community support, and expects the bleachers to be packed.