NHS talent show preview

Poster promoting the 2020 NHS talent show supporting NHS and We-All Play

Mariah Schroht, Writer

OHS is full of talent, and every year, the National Honors Society puts on a talent show. This gives students the opportunity to show their hidden talents. The talent show is a good way for students to show their talent in a meaningful way.  It is also a fundraiser to support NHS and a certain organization. 

The proceeds raised during the show go to a worthy cause. Last year’s talent show was canceled due to bad weather so the NHS decided to choose the same organization as last year. This year’s honorees will be We All Play. We All Play is an organization that is raising money for an all-inclusive playground. The money from ticket sales and donations will be going to both NHS and We All Play. NHS President Kaia Elstad said, “I’m excited to be able to perform my senior year, and to raise money for a good cause.”

The talent show started its tradition in 2002, and since then has been a hit. A variety of different acts will be showcased including jokes, singing, dancing and more. Adviser Ms. Gail Tratz said, “It’s become a tradition for NHS to put on a talent show and this group wanted to continue the tradition. Students will showcase their talents with vocal, instrumental, and dance performances.”  

This year the talent show will be held on Saturday, March 7 in the OHS auditorium at 7 p.m. Come support this great cause and watch the talent of OHS.