Sneak peek into graduation 2021

Brayden Truelson

Owatonna High School diploma

Brayden Truelson, Writer

This year’s graduation will return to the OHS football field for the first time since the 1980s. All seniors will be in attendance and will be allowed to bring four guests. The seniors’ last day of school is on June 2.Graduation is planned for June 6 at 2:00 p.m. on the Owatonna football field. In case of inclement weather, it will be the next day, June 7, at the same time and place. 

The students are not the only people in the building that are looking forward to having a somewhat normal graduation this year. When asked what he is looking forward to going into graduation, Principal Mr. Kory Kath said, “I am looking forward to seeing the entire senior class seated together as the class of 2021! It has been too long since we have come together as a whole class so it is fitting that this will be our first opportunity.” 

Many seniors are excited for this day as they will get a graduation ceremony this year after missing out on lots of senior activities over the past year. Senior Mason Saufferer said, “I think it will be really cool to have our graduation on the football field. I am excited that we are able to walk across the stage this year because the seniors didn’t get to last year and we have missed out on other senior memories throughout the year.” As seniors are about a month away from graduation, the excitement is building and it is starting to feel a tad bit normal around the school again.