First season for Coach Fromm

Preston Meier

Owatonna’s new Head Coach Dave Fromm is ready to make an impact on the boys hockey team.

Drew Randall, Writer

This winter, the Owatonna Boys Hockey team has a new leader guiding their team. Mr. Dave Fromm was announced as the head coach by the Owatonna High School Activities department on July 7, 2021 via Twitter. Fromm brings a lot of experience to the Huskies this season. Fromm played hockey throughout his life growing up in Minnesota. He was a skilled hockey player and had success when he played in high school.

Fromm will bring excitement to the Owatonna Hockey program. He has a lot of coaching experience such as: Coaching at Minneapolis South High School and Colorado Doherty Juniors team. Fromm did not only coach high school, he  also coached for the Colorado Thunderbirds, and most importantly with the country that represents him, Team USA for three events. Fromm with all of his experience is a seasoned coach and fully required for the job. However, Fromm’s favorite accomplishment in his hockey career was coaching Team USA to a world championship in roller hockey.

Compete in every single game and grow each player as an athlete and a young man.

— Coach Dave Fromm

Fromm has many aspirations for the team, but he has one main goal. Coach Fromm said, “Compete in every single game and grow each player as an athlete and a young man.” Right now the boys hockey team is beaten up and injured. Captain Casey Pederson said, “ My goal for the season is to get everybody healthy and finish the season strong”. The team has six crucial players hurt: Bogen, Pederson, Kubicek, Roush, Zirngible, and Mazariego. After their injuries pass, the Huskies will pick up right where they left off. The Huskies are excited to have a fresh face at head coach. Fromm is looking to progress the team as a whole and have a great rest of the season.