Olivia Herzog commits to UW- Eau Claire

Thomas Hanson

Olivia Herzog Signing with University of Wisconsin -Eau Claire to continue playing hockey

Syd Hall, Writer

The Owatonna Hockey Association strives to create players with hard work, grit, dedication and build players to be successful in the future. Senior Olivia Herzog is a perfect example of this goal for the program. Herzog will continue her education and hockey career at the Division III level for the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire in the fall of 2022. 

Captain Herzog has made a huge impact on the Owatonna Girls Hockey program and continues to inspire the younger generations. Her final point totals for the 2021-2022 season are 16 goals and 10 assists for the Huskies. Assistant Coach Paige Radue said, “Olivia is going to bring determination and humbleness to Eau Claire. I’m excited to watch her play and grow through her college career.” Hockey is a sport that teaches so much on and off the ice. Herzog said, “The biggest life lesson I’ve learned from the sport is that hard work and dedication pay off.” 

Olivia is going to bring determination and humbleness to Eau Claire. I’m excited to watch her play and grow through her college career.

— Paige Radue

The University of Wisconsin Eau Claire is a public four year university located in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. UW-Eau Claire is a Division III school for athletics. UW-Eau Claire inspires students and student athletes to continue their education and pursue their passions and dreams. The head coach for the women’s hockey team is Erik Strand this will be his seventh year coaching at Wisconsin -Eau Claire. Assistant Coach Lindsay Thompson said, “The UW Eau Claire students, fans and community are fortunate to get such a great player and person that Olivia is.”

Herzog is involved in girls tennis along with hockey at OHS. She plans to study business this fall. Herzog said, “I am excited to be exposed to another level of play and to be in a new environment.” The Owatonna Girls Hockey Program is excited to see how she excels in Wisconsin.